19 Oct Monthly Meeting Recap | October 18, 2017
Pre-Agenda Call for Volunteers: Emily Joy, Maine People’s Alliance. https://www.mainepeoplesalliance.org/seniorcare
We heard from several community leaders about how they are fighting Food Insecurity in Lincoln County and how we could help.
- Mary Turner, Food Security Council Coordinator, Mid Coast Hunger Prevention Program https://www.mchpp.org/
- Aaron Greene-Morse, Jefferson Area Community Food Pantry (Serving Jefferson and Somerville) Facebook Page
- Michael Westcott, Newcastle Ecumenical Food Pantry (Serving Newcastle, Damariscotta, Nobleboro) http://newcastlefoodpantry.org/ Facebook Page
- Lou Cook, Waldoboro Food Pantry (Serving Waldoboro, Bremen, North Nobleboro) Facebook Page
- Fleet Davies, Boothbay Region Food Pantry (serving Edgecomb, Boothbay, Boothbay Harbor, Southport Facebook Page
Not in attendance:
- Wiscasset Nazarene Outreach Food Pantry Facebook Page
- St. Philips Church Food Pantry, Wiscasset St. Denis & Full Gospel Food Pantry,
- Whitefield New Harbor Food Pantry Westport Cottage
Food Pantry Resources: Maine TEFAP Programs in Lincoln County: http://www.maine.gov/dacf/ard/tefap/Lincoln.shtml
We also met another Gubernatorial Candidate Mark Eves. Website | Facebook Page
And lastly, we discussed the November 7 Election and how important it is to GOTV to ensure YES ON 2!
Next meeting: Wed, Nov 15, 2017